Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Tuesday 30 on/30 off

After taking Monday off, got down to Rotary Park for 30 on/30 off intervals.

I was pretty well stuffed all of Monday, being short of sleep, and whilst I had half a mind to go for a jog when I got him, I didn't (I did go to the gym in the morning, so I did something!).

So, after an early night last night, we dragged ourselves out of bed and headed down to Rotary. Did the usual 1.3k warm, and managed 12 repeats of 30 on/30 off. I was planning 15, but my form was getting distinctly ragged over the last two reps, and given where I am in preparations for Six Foot I really didn't want to risk doing something silly.

Looking at the particularly poor GPS plotting, it looks like I was covering more ground over the first eight reps, so I might have gone out a bit hard (just for a change). Still, can't hurt to get the feeling of running hard. I was a little sore in the lower calves after the half on Sunday, but they were fine after a warm up - suspect that may have something to do with the surface.

It's back on the bike today, and tomorrow, the long hard slog to work resumes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home