Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The wonders of massage...

...or, more specifically, the wonder of how much pain it can induce.

Endured a particularly uncomfortable hour at the hands of a masseur at a clinic in St Leonards - the fellow runs a bit himself, treats a number of runners and does acupuncture as well, which I might try once I mentally come to terms with the idea of several needles being inserted into my skin...

It's a couple of hours later now, but the calves feel looser to the touch. We located a couple of points on the inside of the calves which may have been the trigger points for the shin splints episode a few weeks ago, and they got worked over (ouchie), so hopefully that'll be the last we get of those for a while.

I really need to get to these a bit more regularly. I realise they'd be less painful if I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home