Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Managing Recovery

Monday

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday, but spent 10 minutes on the exercise bike, and another 10 on the reclining bike at the gym, which helped with stiffness around the hips. Also went for a 2km walk through a hilly section of Gladesville on Monday evening, which helped a bit.

Tuesday
After two bites of the snooze button, managed to get up and accompany my partner down to Rotary Park. Felt particularly stiff early, but after three laps and a quick toilet stop actually felt okay, and started to push for a bit of pace later in the session to see how it felt. Also, for a bit of a change, I ran the last kilometre in bare feet - a bit different, but not as different as I was expecting, and I think the feet felt better for it. I might do cool downs in bare feet at Rotary in future. Managed 5.4km in a touch under 22m 30.

Managed about 241km for the month - given the recovery from our November Six Foot Track venture, and the disruption of my cold last week, I guess that's okay, but it would have been nice to get closer to 300km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home