Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Long, Steady, Ugly

Got out at 6am for my mid-week long run, which went from home, into the city (with a bit of a diversion through Drummoyne) via Victoria Road, a little loop through the Rocks, over the Harbour Bridge though Kirribilli, North Sydney, Crows Nest across to Artarmon and back to St Leonards for 21.85km in 1h49m38s.

It was pretty ordinary at the start - for the first 6km, I wouldn't have been surprised to see sparks coming out of my joints. Once I got the legs warmed up, I felt okay, but I seemed to be locked into a pace, and given the surprising humidity of the morning it proved just about impossible to break out of. I was at about 4:56 per km pace before I hit the climb out of Kirribilli.

Still, the miles are done. Just got to get myself home tonight, but that'll be fine.

Remember, kids, only 17 1/2 weeks until Six Foot Track...

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Martin said...

17 weeks is a long time in golf mate, don't go burning yourself out pal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home