Monday, November 08, 2004

A pause for breath

Haven't had the opportunity to update for a couple of days.

Saturday
Last Striders' 10k for the year, at Lane Cove. Although still feeling the effects of the Six Foot Track run the previous Sunday, I decided that I'd try and go out for a big time anyway.

Warm up was pretty ordinary (generally a good sign!), and I was travelling reasonably until the climb to Lane Cove Road, where it became apparent my legs, particularly the lower legs, were still junked. It become increasingly painful, until at 6km I had to get out of the throttle with pain and tightness in the lower calves. I did consider pulling out, particularly after MPHaz (who ran a fantastic time today) and Action went past, but decided the quickest way down was to run it out.

Once over the hill just past Scribblys on the way home, I was able to stride out a bit more, and managed to beat my nemesis this year, Eliza Stewart, by a solitary second. 39:20 was the result - a bit disappointing, but I guess given a 6 day recover from the longest run both in terms of distance and time, to be expected.

Sunday

On Saturday night, I decided to let the alarm make the call of whether I was going to make the STaR or not - and I didn't. On reflection, I really needed the sleep, but I feel guilty not attending a training run that I could have run to, at Buffalo Creek Reserve.

Instead, I accompanied my partner on three very easy laps of the Gladesville Hospital, to tally up 3.34km in about 25 minutes. Her pace has improved since I last jogged with her, where I could hold pace with a brisk walk - now I need to jog. She seems to be on target for her 10k debut at the Sydney Marathon Clinic, which will be pleasing.

Monday
Today, I did nothing, nada, zilch. Legs feel better for it, but it's back to work tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home