Thursday, November 04, 2004

Thursday Catch-Up

Yeah, been a bit naughty and haven't posted for two days.

Wednesday
Ran to work for 10.8km in 51:34. Still sore, but once I got up on the 'flat' of the Pacific Highway from Lane Cove to St Leonards I felt okay. An encouraging run

The evening was a slightly different story. I felt okay initially, but it was noticeable as I turned along Epping Road that my legs had gone numb, never a good sign. I continued along until I crossed Longueville Road, where because of traffic I had to walk - and distinctly had the wobbly boots on pretty well from there on. I eventually ground to a halt at the roundabout at Burns Bay Rd, and had to put a call into my partner to come get me. Today's message from my body was "I'm not repaired yet - back off".

Duly noted.

Thursday
Forced myself out of bed to head down to West Chatswood. Mister G would not be there, heading south as he was with Paul Every for some 'sightseeing', but there was a chance another runner might be, and I figured it would probably be a good idea to get down there anyway. Cruised through a warm up, ran a 75s 400 metres which felt kind of okay, ran a second and got the distinct feeling I was pushing my luck. I ran a casual 'push the straights, jog the corners' from there, just feeling out the legs, to manage 3k in roughly 13:30 or so.

Definite improvement over the last few days. I think the pool run helped, and brought matters to a head on Tuesday afternoon where I probably felt worst (fortunately dulled by a few Melbourne Cup beers at work). I'll get out tomorrow for 5 or 6km depending on how I feel, and hopefully should be right for a bit of a push for the last Strider 10km on Saturday.

Well, hope springs eternal, anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home