Monday, November 01, 2004

A new month, and another week begins with recovery

Ah, the joy of the first week end of daylight saving. Hit the snooze button twice after the alarm first went at 5:30, and finally struggled out the door at about 5:55.

Feeling quite stiff and sore, I battled my way through 5.54km in 30:01. I started to loosen up a bit over the last 2km, but wandering around the house this morning, I'm certainly feeling yesterday's efforts. I'm confident getting out this morning will help, though.

I'm a little concerned about recovering for Saturday's 10k race at Lane Cove, but I figure that as long as I take the week reasonably easy I should be fine.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Eagle said...

Like the 6ft story - not sure if I am ready for it. What a star getting out today- I was in bed having a total recovery morning. Sounded like last week was one you would like to forget but you seem to have moved on.

Yes it is an interesting photo - I put about 4 1/2 months into the training for that marathon and was never certain I would make it until about 20 meters from the finish was about 2 minutes to go _ I figures with those stats I could crawl over.

I will not be at Striders due to family.

Ray

 

Post a Comment

<< Home