Thursday, December 23, 2004

Thursday at Timbrell

Felt a bit beaten up, but still managed to get up and drag myself down to Timbrell Park. Managed a very scratchy 1km warm up, and an unenthusiastic first rep of about 3:44. A couple of guys joined me, and I managed a 3:38, a 3:33 and a 3:31 before I started to tightnen for a last serious rep of 3:46. Ran a 1km cool down, to give a 7km session. Disappointing to blow, but I think the reps in the low 30s and yesterday combined to knock me around. Might be worth looking at doing this on Fridays, as long as I'm doing a long run on Wednesdays.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Spud said...

Vat,

That's exactly what I did, switching Thursdays and Fridays. Midweek long runs just don't do you justice for your speed session the day after. I was doing speed Tuesdays and Thursdays with a long run on Wednesdays. Quality was suffering.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Friday is my 2nd speed day, especially now the distance is going up on Wed. You wouldn't do these reps on a Monday....

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not run on thursday evening instead - gives you
36hrs rest instead of 24. Then take friday off - ready for a hard weekend again.
Cheers, 26miles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home