Friday, December 24, 2004

Twas the morning before Xmas...

Managed to get up and run an uncomfortable 4.4km in 23m6s. Uncomfortable for two reasons:
- humidity was 85-90%
- the toilets at the Gladesville oval were locked.
The second element made for a fairy rapid last kilometre. I was a bit bashed up from the Tues-Wed-Thurs trifecta, but felt better for the jog.

I also had my first appointment with Martin Horne at the Care Clinic in Hunter's Hill, near Joeys. I got acupuncture in the arch of my right foot (one needle), and in my right hip (four needles), plus manipulation of my lower and upper back. Martin pinpointed my issue down to an incident a couple of months ago on the Cherrybrook STaR where I zinged my right hip reaching for a drink bottle someone dropped. He thinks I strained a muscle that links the ITB and lower back.

Getting in the car the hip and right arch felt immediately better. Martin also mentioned I was 5mm shorter in the right leg than the left, so I might need to think about orthotics. I'm seeing him again in three weeks, so I'll have a bit of a ponder over that one.

I'll keep the blog posted with how the injuries have fared post treatment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home