Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sunday's Tourist Trot

Back out of bed at 5 again (my partner's right - I am insane), pick up Johnny Dark at Drummoyne, and over to Centennial Park for the DIY STaR, the Tourist Trot. Pace slotted into 4:50 per km pretty quickly as we made our way over to Edgecliffe. Action gave us a treat at Rushcutter's Bay as we fluked an inspection of Berrimillah on the morning of the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. Action slipped off the list of sailors overnight, and he was hiding his disappointment fairly well.

We made our way through the city, over the Harbour Bridge and a little loop through Lavender Bay, back to the bridge via Luna Park, back to The Rocks, through the Cross and Darlinghurst, and back to Centennial Park for 29.5km in 2h22m25s. I managed to hang on to the group until the last 500 metres or so, which considering I'd been struggling since the 20km mark was pleasing.

So, a 52km weekend, and a 110km week. Tomorrow sees the 5km Challenge at the Bay Run, but I won't be killing it there tomorrow morning - also, I don't need to be out of bed until 6:30am, which makes it a sleep in! Pretty tired tonight, and the body temperature's up a bit, which is pretty common after a hard weekend. I'll have a cool shower and an early night, should be okay in the morning. Foot's okay, hip's a bit of a concern, and I've got a blister on my right heel. Nothing out of the ordinary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home