Saturday, December 25, 2004

...and so this is Christmas...

Up at 5, to join the CR Bay Run gang for a bit of a cruisy jog, or so I thought...

Pretty big crew when I arrived bang on 5:30 (and not late, as was implied by some). After some photos (which I'll post shortly) and chat we were on out way for 7.06km in 40:39. The group broke up here, but Ray James had ducked home for a moment, and my partner and Johnny Dark were cruising along chatting. I left Mohammed at the Drummoyne Rowers and ran 1.09k to meet them at King Georges Park, jogging back to the Rowers.

My partner left in the car, and I joined Ray, Johnny Dark and Mohammed for a good paced 9.75km hitout in 44:35. We chatted for a while before breaking up, and I jogged 4.25km home in 21m29s as a recovery run - the Santa hat drawing a few beeps and waves from passers-by.

So, somehow, a cruisy 7km jog turned into a 22.15k morning, with a decent 10k hitout in the middle. More miles in the bank!

Great morning - although it was so early as to be bordering on obscene, I couldn't think of a better start to Christmas Day. Good chat, good friends - really highlights the great thing the Coolrunning community has become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home