Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Okay, back to work

Right - time to focus on the next target.

Aths NSW has announced a provisional calendar for the summer track season, with the State 10k champs on October 28. So, focus shifts to my sub 35 minute 10k goal.

Got out on Monday evening for 35 minutes. Felt a little sore and beaten up, but was moving okay, with a little tightness in the right hip, but nothing more than that.

At physio last week I was given a left heel lift to fool around with - have had it in my day shoes (my 'dress' Frees) and tried it in my running shoes for the first time last night. Wasn't aware of it being there, which I guess is a good thing. Also have a strengthening exercise to do.

I'll also now log my weight, as I want that under 70kg by the end of the year. I'll weigh myself on getting home before eating, even if it's just after a run. Last night was 75.4kg - put a bit of weight on post Gold Coast. Too much chocolate. Will stick strictly to diet.

I'll also log when I do my strength work. The only time I really get to do it is in the morning, and I need to get up a bit earlier to do so, but this hip thing has driven home that in order to cope with training loads I really need to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home