Wednesday, August 02, 2006

5 x 1200

Physio in the morning - issue seems to relate to glutes allowing the right hip to rotate forward and down during footfall. Result is weird leg angles and adductor doing much more work than it should. Got some exercises to deal with it, and have to focus on the lower abs by drawing the belly button to the spine to keep the hips level and not 'dip' as weight shifts from one leg to the other.

Session was down as 5 x 1600, but there was too much of a gap between me and the front lads, which combined with the short recoveries meant I would have pretty well had an 8k tempo session (that would be Thursday's session), so at the 1200 point of the first rep, went to 5 x 1200. Times went 4:16 (feeling leg out), 4:11, 4:06, 4:02 and 4:05. Times were pretty solid once I was confident on the right leg.

Short cool down as the right leg got sorer.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Thats the same problem I had Vat... weak glutes which meant my pelvis kept slipping out of place. It is a million time better now I have learnt how to turn my deep abs on when I run.... lots of core exercises. I would be happy to talk to you about it next time I see you!
I hope it improves! Mine also flared up badly after Canberra marathon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home