Friday, July 07, 2006

More circle work...

...although thankfully in a different location today.

With post-GC drinks tonight, I had planned to do my 25 minute relaxed run this morning, but simply couldn't get up. I packed my running kit and threw it in the car, the plan being to either run from the ferry stop in the evening, or try my luck that the change rooms were open at the Gore Hill Oval, in front of RNS. Readers of silver fox's blog would know it well.

As it turned out, they were, so I changed into my running kit. Beautiful lunch time, cool air but bright, warm sunshine. The oval was generally pretty good, but a touch muddy and slippery in the north west corner.

Felt pretty comfortable cruising around and was quite surprised to see Gaf work his way down to 4:28 per km pace. Aside from a little pain in the right hip and right arch that went away after 15 minutes really felt little to no discomfort and was really just cruising along in the relaxed manner suggested in the program. I'll check the plot, maybe the pace wasn't quite that, but who knows?

Nice afternoon to be out, and quite enjoyed the run. Recovery is going very well.

5 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Huge congrats on your GC run Vat. It's great to see how your dedication and commitment has paid off. See you soon.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Harley Warren said...

Yeah good run at gold coast, I think I might have snaped one or two of you, keep an eye on www.r4yl.com.au as they are giving my pics away free through their web site. Congrats.
Raymond

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Katie said...

glad to hear you are recovering... will you be at the cross country on Sat?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

I am happy to hear the recovery is going well after your show stopping run. BTW I love the new banner.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Big congratulations on Gold Coast.
Impressive improvements long-term and since the relative disaster at Scarborough Park.

Been away in NZ. I've only just read I've been tagged. It'll happen soon.
Well done again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home