Friday, June 30, 2006

...and finally, the weekend

Pleased to report substantial improvement on the sinus front. Felt pretty good through the day, pressure is much reduced. Still probably going to be a bit of a *ahem* snot fest on Sunday, so if you plan to run near me, bring a coat.

Day 2 of carb loading wasn't as uncomfortable as yesterday - guessing the stomach had made some adaptation.

Dropped the car off at the ferry stop for EliseS to pick up as I went for my easy half hour. I'd taken about three steps before I got beeped by an elderly woman in a white Mazda. I had to wait around twenty seconds before I saw this, because she was all of 70 metres away. Judging by her glasses, there probably was a genuine chance of collision, so I guess I should be grateful for the warning.

Made my way over to Bedlam Bay Oval for the usual circle work. Felt a little heavy legged, but from what I recall this is a pretty normal thing for a carb load. Even so, Gaf said I got through 6.35km in the half hour. I took splits of each lap, and 9 in a row were 1:58 or 1:59, with a solitary 2 minute lap, so I'd say I had a steady rhythm going.

So, off north tomorrow morning. We're in Brisbane Saturday night, and will head to the Gold Coast on Sunday morning. I'm not sure of internet access up in Brisbane tomorrow or Sunday, so if I don't post again before the big show, I'd just like to say thank you all for your comments, interest and support over this campaign, it means a lot to me and reinforces the quality of the CR/Strider network. The work's done, the numbers are in, it's just a matter of getting out there and doing the deed.

Let's get this thing done.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Superflake said...

Good luck Vat. Run strong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home