Thursday, June 22, 2006

6 x 800

Day didn't get off to the best of starts - the alarm went at 6:20, and I felt like utter rubbish. I lay there for 10 minutes, and decided that there was no way I was going to work. So, I didn't. I dropped Elise at the ferry, and went back to sleep for 3 hours. Suspect the run last night on the back of the cold kicked the hell out of me.

That must have been all I needed, as after something to eat and a cup of coffee, I came to the realisation that I felt pretty decent. Headache was gone, I was breathing okay. Good news. I took myself out shopping, bought some stuff (including a $100 pair of Nike Frees at the Nike Shop in Auburn) and came home.

Wandered over to training a bit after 5 and got through a fairly flat warm up and drills. I confirmed I was to take it pretty easy tonight, so the session went:
2:52
2:51
2:50
2:47
2:46
2:38

I got bored about halfway through the session and made my mind up to have a bit of a dip at the last one. Felt I could probably have put another one out at that speed, too. Felt better again for having run, so now, some residual tiredness aside, feel pretty good. No real symptoms of the cold present at all.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

Great going Vat. If you listen to your body like this all the time you will avoid the energy sapping virus getting full blown.

We all need a mental health day every now and then - to let our bodies recover from the stress (either mental or physical) that we put them through.

Good to see you finished the day on a high with some intervals and great to note you could have done more. That is always a satisfying feeling.

Keep taking it easy and I look forward to seeing you in just over a week :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home