Thursday, June 29, 2006

Loading, last reps, sinus, and a tag

Still dealing with this sinus thing. Headache went away today. It's a bit confusing - nose seems to sound restricted, but is fine to breath through. No other symptoms. Heart rate is fine. Keeping up with the vitamin intake.

Saw Martin Horne this morning. Got some acupuncture around the right hip to help with the stiffness I felt there, plus some immunology points on the outside of both knees. He suggested dosing right up on Vitamin C, as that's the tactic he uses to help ward off the inevitable exposure to ill patients.

Started carb loading today, as per the AIS Fact Sheet - so much food! I didn't realise how little I actually ate! Thought I was going to burst after lunch!

So, down to training. Tried the 1 second plotting feature on the Garmin, but it really didn't like that in the warm and I couldn't get a plot.

Got into what was a pretty short session, just 4 x 400, which went 83, 80, 77, 78. Really wasn't pushing, which inclines me to think the sinus thing is just an antibody thing. Felt fine.

And, it would seem I have been tagged by Matty! So...

4 jobs I have had:
- Service station attendant. As in, actual driveway service, where I pumped the petrol.
- Workcover Claims officer. How I hated that job.
- Financial Researcher (read Operations Manager slave - actually, it was good fun).
- Credit Manager

4 movies I could watch over and over:
- Dead Man
- Blade Runner
- Fargo
- Heat

4 places I have lived:
- Newcastle (for about four weeks after I was born!)
- Suburban Melbourne
- Inner City Melbourne
- Sydney

4 TV shows I love to watch:
- The Simpsons
- Futurama
- Battlestar Galactica (the new series)
- Invader Zim

4 places I have been on vacation:
- Merimbula
- Noosa
- Mooloolaba
- Coffs Harbour

4 websites I visit each day:
- coolrunning.com.au
- fark.com
- bloglines.com
- google.com

4 favorite foods:
- EliseS's brownies
- EliseS's white chocolate cheesecake
- Jester's chicken and mushroom pie
- pretty much anything else that doesn't involve eyes, tongues, brains or feet

4 places I would rather be right now (actually, at home in front of the PC is one of my favourite places to be!):
- on the couch watching F1
- Sunshine Beach, on the Sunshine Coast
- on nice beach with a good clean surf somewhere warm
- since it's after 10 and I have a marathon in a couple of days, in bed asleep

4 favorite bands/singers:
- Radiohead
- Eels
- Midnight Oil
- Snow Patrol (obligatory current hot band)

4 Bloggers I am tagging:
- Xposay, 26 miles, silverfox, Don Juan

Heh. Snap!

3 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Superflake said...

Good Luck with the Marathon mate. Hope you achieve your goal or even sub 2:45 may get you a London guaranteed spot I think? Hope you get the calm cool conditions you need. Training has been fantastic the last 6 months. Take photo of first beer for blog. Cheers mate.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

See ya up here on the weekend Vat :-)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Matty said...

Good luck Vat - been a pleasure to follow your campaign. Hope to catch up with you before the race!!

Go for it!!

PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home