Wednesday, May 10, 2006

NNW, SSW, SE

Schedule was for 1 hour 45 minutes, and 23km. A quick walk at lunch revealed some stiffness, particularly in the right hip, from Tuesday night.

Did some plotting in the morning and decided to take the plunge and try out a new midweek route - the well worn route into town and back home via the Bay Run just didn't appeal this morning. From St Leonards, follow the Pacific Highway to Gordon, down Lane Cove Road to Top Ryde's Blaxland Road, left at Victoria Road, and follow that home. Quick plot via Google Earth gave it 23.15km.

Maybe I was just sick of the uphill last kilometre home into the wind...

Felt pretty good once I hit the road, and worked hard up the Pacific Highway. Getting to Lane Cove Road seemed to take forever - funny how it doesn't seem so long on the map, and the continuing uphill to Gordon did drain the enthusiasm a bit. Seemed to fly through the section to the Lane Cove River and worked solidly to Top Ryde. Ran the Victoria Road section pretty well, and hit home at around 1 hour 38 minutes. I say around, as I forgot to restart my watch for one brief section along Lane Cove Road for maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

Either way, was pretty surprised at how solid I felt. I've had a couple of concerns about my endurance leading up to the SMH Sunday week, but given the hit outs from Monday and tonight, I seem to rolling along pretty solidly in this regard.

...and the footpath on the east side of Lane Cove Road near the Pacific Highway is pretty spooky in the dark. Poorly lit, dark, downhill and reasonably quick - bit scary.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

I think you found your Mojo at Holsworthy and you still have it. Looks good for SMH next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home