Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday at home

Took a day of leave to catch up on some study, which went (and indeed continues to go) quite well. I could get used to this not working thing, but it's back to the salt mines tomorrow.

Got out mid-afternoon for the scheduled half hour, which was just circles around Bedlam Bay Oval. Didn't use the iPod - figured with all the knowledge I was trying to stuff into my head the half hour would be handy in trying to process it all. Which it was.

Felt fine. Thanks for the comments on Saturday's post - Horrie, in response to your comments, it wasn't really a nerve thing. If anything, I wasn't nervous before the event, which is a little unusual, as those who know me will attest I can be particularly nerve stricken in the hour before an important run. Been that way for many years. Thinking on it today, it seemed similar to how I felt at the City 2 Surf last year, with a feeling of tightness in the chest and high heart rate. I had a feeling I might have been fighting something off in recent weeks, or had something at a sub-symptomatic level that only became apparent once I pushed.

Schedule's pretty easy this week, so I'll ease through it and see how the road event at Holsworthy goes next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home