Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anzac Day

Attempt 1: Alarm went off at 5:15. Reset alarm to 5:30. Back to sleep.

Attempt 2: Alarm went off at 5:30. Mentally debate not going to session, realise I've made other commitments that revolve around attending the session, plus I'd have to go out and do the session later anyway. Manage to lever myself despite gravity having apparently doubled in strength overnight. Staggering around reveals legs are pretty tight from last night's efforts.

Thus begins Anzac Day 2006.

Got down to Mackay Oval and shuffled through a pretty grindy warm up. With the morning crew the session had a bit more of a relaxed feel about it. Caught up with a few CRs like Fats, Amjan, Don Juan, Bernie G, Wild Thing, KT and others I probably forgot. Sorry, I was pre-coffee. It was cool and still, with the ground fairly damp below foot.

Session was 4 x 1600. Went 5:36, 5:37, 5:41 and 5:47. Last night's run was apparent through the session, and I felt I was battling in the second half, with both Ewen and Don Juan steaming through strongly in the last two reps. Don't really have a lot to compare the session to, but I guess it was pretty slow compared to what I would have run in the evening.

Oh well, it's done, and there was a pleasant breakfast in a nearby cafe afterwards which brightened the morning considerably.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

You looked all right to me mate.Pretty hard to stay on Fats' tale for 1600m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home