Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Windy windsprints

12 windsprint laps of SW's Kensington Park 400 metre course - in other words, float the bends, belt the straights. I'm convinced a lot of the squad just race this run rather than go for a marked difference between the straights and bends - I seem to reel a lot of people in on the straights, and then lose touch with them on the bends.

The sprints seemed to sting a bit tonight and the 'floats' got progressively softer through the session. Ended up at 17:27 for the 4.8km, about 15s off the last time I did this session at Mackay Oval in early March. Conditions weren't ideal tonight, with the ground softer and quite a stiff breeze on the home straight, but I'd still prefer to be a bit closer.

Finished well puffed, which I guess is the point. Oh well, it's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home