Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Running around in the wind and the dark

Tuesday night and more laps at Kensington under lights. The new system of catching the train to Redfern and meeting Mohammed to get a lift to the training venue is working a treat.

Good long warm up, and down to business. In quite a strong breeze, which we were straight into on the back straight, the session went:
3000m - 10:45
2000m - 7:10
1000m - 3:30

So, 3:35 pace for the 2 and the 3. Just couldn't ramp it up for the last kilometre. Felt a little frustrated, but given the wind and the heavier ground I guess it's a little hard to make comparisions. Last time I did this specific session it was 11:18, 7:26 and 3:19 so I guess it was a case of working harder in the longer reps, and tonight's session was completed 38 seconds quicker, but then I see the 3k 1k 1k session of a month ago that went 10:02, 3:17, 3:19 and scratch my head a little bit.

Oh well, just keep doing the work, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home