Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Windsprints

Managed to head out just before 7, thanks to no daylight savings in Queensland. Did a 19 minute warm up of just under 4km, and found the UQ track pretty well deserted save a couple of maintenance workers. Couldn't find the Honour Box for my $3, so slipped it under the roller door of the upstairs office, thereby maintaining the karmic balance.

Had a stretch and worked through my drills and sprints. Still had a few kinks in the legs (particularly the right hip), and the legs felt pretty dead, so I knew the session wasn't going to be anything special. The track surface was slippery, if good and even - wish I'd brought my spikes, rather than debuting my new DS Magic Racers.

Session was 4.8k (12 laps) of windsprints - belt the straights, float the corners. Probably took the first two or three laps too hard and paid for it through the session, eventually grinding out a 18:27 for the distance, probably 40-50 seconds slower than I would do with the group. I'd forgotten how hard speed work is when you're by yourself. 18:30 jog home for a bit over 3.5k to round out the session.

Still tossing up whether to do half an hour tonight just to 'absorb' this morning's session ahead of a hard 6km tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home