Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Catch up

Oops. Been a bit busy.

Didn't train as much as I should have at Coffs. Basically only ran on the Monday (a solid hour hit out around the roads and tracks at our resort) and an easy half hour on the Thursday. The Sunday long run in Brisvegas combined with the long drive to Brisbane and the drive to Coffs on the Monday seemed to take a lot out of me and didn't do my iliacus any favours. Easy Tiger did a lot of work on my hips and right lower leg (to loosen an associated lower leg problem) this morning which seems to have helped.

Back to Sydney last Saturday and elected not to run. Got out for my long on Sunday and got through a pretty solid 27k in just over two hours on a beautiful evening around the Bay Run, bumping into 26 miles who I did a lap with. Elected not to push my luck on Monday, and did a half hour tempo with the SW squad on Tuesday down at Kensington (no more Centennial Park - vale daylight savings) which actually went pretty well. Thought I'd done the first ten minutes too hard, eased off the throttle in the middle ten, and felt I belted the final 10 to bring it home.

Tonight was an hour and a half, and I knocked over around 20k in just over the time, running from St Leonards into town and to Gladesville via Lilyfield Road, the south west edge of the Bay Run and up to Lyons Road from about the 1.5km mark of the CR 5k course, following that to Victoria Road and then westward home. Pace felt pretty solid, although I wilted a bit over the last 15 minutes, but to average around 4:30 - 4:35 over the distance was pleasing.

I feel a little guilty about the very easy week at the resort up at Coffs, but looking back on it, I probably needed the refresh. Things have been pretty stressful on the home front (no fault of anyone, just one of those things that happens) in recent months, and we've both been physically pretty tired. Guess you could probably call it a taper!

Seems to be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel with the couple of little right leg issues I've been having of late, and hopefully with a bit more treament on those they can retreat off into the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home