Sunday, March 26, 2006

A day off, then touring Brisbane River

Woke on Saturday, and felt pretty well stuffed, so went back to sleep for a while. I think my body was trying to tell me something, after the long drive on Thursday and two sessions on Friday. Fine - I can take a hint. So I took the day off. We had a bit to do anyway, and I ended up eating too much.

Sunday - cool and clear morning, and hit the road at about 7:15am. Headed from St Lucia down to Indooroopilly, crossed the pedestrian bridge over the river there, and proceeded to work my way up the east bank of the Brisbane River, finding my way to West End and then up into the city, hooking into the riverside walkway, and following that down through Milton and back to St Lucia. Ended up with around 26k or so in 2:05 - 2:10. Iliacus was a bit grindy at times. Finished before it started to heat up - the sun up here is pretty strong, I can certainly see why people prefer to train in the morning.

Off to Coffs in the morning.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Eagle said...

Enjoy the holiday and keep up the good sessions - SW weekend seemed to fire you up not tire you out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home