Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday follies

An interesting day.

I decided to let the body make the call on whether to run before work, putting my running kit in the bathroom in case I woke at a suitable time to head out and run. Awoke at 6:15 - guess the body decided it wanted to sleep.

There was potential for disruption at work today, with my participation in some advertising by our marketing department out at Acacia Gardens (I had to look it up) and Maryong (I also had to look it up). Choice locations.

It dragged on long enough for me to be able to talk my way into not having to come back to the office. Only drama was a a pretty crappy lunch nutritionwise (a pretty ordinary burger, some chips, various lollies) at about 3pm.

I scuttled home and dropped the car at the ferry stop so EliseS could pick it up on her way back from town. I jogged over to Bedlam Bay Oval from there and circulated for half an hour, fighting the rising presence of lunch through the run. Wasn't pleasant, but got through it. Nice to get through a run down there in the daylight.

Highlight was a woman coming down with her two Whippets to let them have a bit of a run around. Skinny Dogs! They were having a great time, but then, I haven't seen too many dogs running around a park looking clinicly depressed.

I was going to pull the pin on the Midnight Oil lyrics because I thought it was getting silly, but I stumbled across this gem from the fittingly titled Bedlam Bridge. There's no bridge at Bedlam Bay Oval (a pier, a tunnel and a little lookout, yes, but no bridge), but the lyric seemed a good one.

A body never breathless
No ambition ever hopeless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home