Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A promising session

Usual Tuesday night session at Kensington - bit of an unusual one, with 2400m, 1200m and 1200m, with reasonable recoveries of 2m and 1m20.

I sketched together a rough idea of what I wanted from the session timewise, thinking around 3:40 pace, 3:36 pace and 3:30 pace would be nice numbers. Had a bit of a plan to break each interval into three - first third get settled and establish rhythm, middle third consolidate and build a platform to bash it home in the last third.

Felt pretty good through the warm-up, and ran the reps out at 8:28, 4:08 and 4:05, quicker than I expected and feeling pretty strong through the last 400 of the rep. Pace was 3:32, 3:27 and 3:24. SW commented afterwards that I looked strong in the last one, which was pleasing.

After getting back on track on Saturday, a good tempo hitout last night and a strong session tonight, feeling a bit more confident.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

Every day when I read your blog I just groan and think *I wish*

You are doing well, keep up the hard efforts.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Superflake said...

Great workout Vat. The hard work is finally paying off. Now just to peak for SMH Half for a crack at the sub 80.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Gnscon said...

I love it when a plan comes together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home