Thursday, May 11, 2006

5 x 800, short recovery

Fairly short session tonight, with the squad facing either a camp, or as in my case, the Sydney Park 7.5km XC race. 5 x 800 with 1 minute recoveries.

My main focus was to try and keep the first one under 2:48, and try to improve each rep from there. Legs felt flat and dead in the warm up and drills, though, with a bit of a kink in the right hip that came reasonably good through the warm up - I guess a 90 minute half over rolling terrain the previous evening will do that...

Times went 2:46, 2:45, 2:44, 2:43 and 2:41. Odd, felt faster on the last one, but life goes on. SW again commented I'd looked strong on the last one, and I seemed to be in front of a few people I'd been with or trailing over the last two reps.

Actually felt okay once I had my breath back. Easy 30 minutes tomorrow, aforementioned race Saturday afternoon, and what, in the context of Gold Coast, is probably a pretty key 2 1/2 hours on Sunday.

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger R2B said...

They are well paced reps Mr Vat!

Cheers
R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home