Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The slog home

It all got a bit grim on the way home - took forever to get a GPS signal in St Leonards (I think I was in Crows Nest before it actually got a decent one). It was pretty ugly to start with, as I ground my way through Crows Nest, St Leonards Park, and down to the Harbour Bridge (saw exposay again!), through the city and over the bridge at Darling Harbour. Most of the way through the city I seriously considered stopping and getting the bus - problem was, it involved going to an ATM and then standing with what would no doubt be unimpressed fellow travellers. Path of least resistance - keep going.

Finally stopped at Rozelle and had some water and a gel, and slogged my way home. Managed 16.9k in 1h29m7s. Yeah, it was slow, but nice to defeat the old demons telling you to stop.

Tomorrow will be pretty easy. Combined with this morning's effort I covered a marathon distance today over difficult terrain. Suspect it might be 5k in the morning to get the legs moving, and a little visit to the pool. Thank goodness I've got the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home