Monday, January 10, 2005

Cross training into a new week

Managed a 5:45am start for a slow 6k recovery in 31 minutes- little stiff around the hips, but otherwise fine. Then back on to the bike for the resumption of my commuting to and from St Leonards (9.5km trip there, 9.5km back).

For something a little different, had a little swim of about 500 metres before going to work. I know a couple of people swear by it for recovery, so I might try to build that into the routine a couple of times a week.

3 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Congratulations on your 1000 posts Vat. 6k in 31 minutes, I like the sound of that.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Horrie said...

How did you find the swim Craig? I usually feel a lot fresher after my Monday morning swims than before the swim.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger vat_man said...

Pretty slow, Horrie - forgetting my goggles wasn't smart, but I felt pretty good all Monday morning. Nice to do something without impact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home