Tuesday, July 10, 2007

An interesting afternoon

Off to see Dr Rooney this afternoon.

Good news from the MRI is the right joint is fine. In fact, the area all looks okay, except for some drama in the bottom right of the symphysis pubis. Plan of attack at this point to get a specific X-Ray with a Dr Linklater at the North Shore Sports Medicine Centre, with an eye to a cortisone steroid injection directly into the little bugger. Sounds like fun! Right up there with being set on fire, I imagine, but without the horrible burning. Still, Dr Rooney reckons if I'm a candidate for that, I should see results within a week. We'll see - hopefully I'll see him next week.

Got out on the bike in the evening for a little half hour blat from home down to Onion Point at Woolwich and back. Had a little bonus this evening, I acquired a Sigma BC 1606L with cadence (thought I'd got the wireless one - no such luck) which I set up on the bike last night, so it was a chance to get out and try it out against the Garmin.

Interestingly, the Garmin gave 12.85km (Sportstrack adjusted) versus 13.03km on the Sigma. Checked the circumference of the wheel when I got home, and it was spot on (2.133 metres), so I guess the Garmin robs me a bit over my old Hunter's Hill course. Average cadence was 73, top speed was 61.7km/h (in a 50 zone past the Hunter's Hill Post Office - oops). Nice little toy. Nice to be out.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger CrankyMax said...

My guess would be the gps' cutting of corners and ignorance of the hills would be where it would start to disagree with the speedo

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Rafael said...

Hi i have an appointment with dr Rooney too. I had a problem on my knee and i was googling about him.

What do you think of him?!

Is he a surgeon!?

if you could reply me at rafaelfaria @ gmail.com that would be awesome. :p

thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home