Sunday, June 10, 2007

Darth 2 - Vat 0

Well, I've lost my cherry on the falling over with cleats thing. Twice, no less, once in the drive-way in front of home before I'd even started, when I fell harmlessly onto my right side (lesson - work out your route before you leave, rather than making it up as you go along), and again on my left side (scrape on the left knee, chain bite on the lower right leg) on Epping Road, on the lane you take to get on to Lane Cove Road.

Hadn't ridden for a week - tough week at work, exam on Thursday, not feeling great etc., so dragged Darth out for a while in the afternoon, for about 19.3k in a bit over 45 minutes, from Gladesville, up Pittwater Road to Epping Road, down through Eastwood into Ryde and back up Victoria Road to home. Falls aside, good ride, although a lady in a black Jazz needs to have a think about illegal U-Turns in front of oncoming traffic.

My tip - get something with side and curtain airbags.

Oh yeah, and big shout-out to Silver Fox, who finally went sub 3 hours in the Macleay River Marathon (2:55 something, and fourth outright!) - great job, mate, and well deserved.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Hamburglar said...

I think falling over and making yourself look/feel like an idiot is part of cycling's initiation.

I fell over and put my hands in a pile of bindies once and then fell over at a major intersection in front of heaps of cars. The bike and I were scratched and pride was smashed.

Touch wood my body has semed to learn its lesson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home