Saturday, May 26, 2007

My bike shoves your bike over when no-one's around

EliseS, bless her, agreed to me purchasing a decent road bike on Friday night. We negotiated a budget, so after a bit of a surf on the web on Saturday, I came across Cell Bikes in Stanmore, who import their own frames. I had my choices narrowed down to two (and hilariously, the first result for a search for feedback on their road bikes turned up a Coolrunning thread), but when I pottered into the store mid-afternoon, I saw the matt-black finished Cell Triumph and fell in love.

So, I present Darth...


How cool is the black? With the carbon bars and forks, it looks like it could seriously kick your arse.

Specifications
FRAME 7005 Alloy with carbon seat stays and replaceable drop
FRAME SIZE 50 53 56 59 cm
FORK Carbon Integrated
HANDLE BAR XVX Carbon/Alloy composite 31.8mm
HEAD STEMXVX Carbon/Alloy composite
SEATPOST Carbon/Alloy composite 27.2x300mm
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano 105 Hollowtech II
STI SHIFTER Shimano 105
FRONT DERAILUER Shimano ULTEGRA
REAR DERAILUER Shimano ULTEGRA
CRANKSET Shimano 105 Hollowtech II 39-52T
CASSETTE Shimano 105 10sp 12-25T
CHAIN Shimano HG
BRAKE CALIPER Shimano 105
WHEEL Shimano R-550
HEADSETIntegrated CANE CREEK US PAT.5095770
SEATVELO PLUSH Leather Sports PAT.No.5.348.369
TYRES MAXXIS DEUX CATEGORIE 130PSI 700X23C
Weight approximately 8.7kg

I dealt with a guy named Brett at Cell who spent about an hour with me, getting me properly set up on the bike with the seat height and position, bars, and gave me a heap of great tips on personalising my set-up, maintenance, gear selection and so on. The guys there were really good - can't speak highly enough of them.

I got out for a quick 10 minute ride when I got home - very nimble and light thing, much easier to drag up hills than my beloved tractor, my Giant MTB.

There's been some concern about me retiring from running and joining the cycling latte (or more precisely, macchiatto) set - let me assure, you, kind reader, that this is merely a plan to get me out of my current funk and active again, and a possible step in the "might try an Ironman after I'm 40" plan.

Off to the M7 tomorrow morning to stretch his legs.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

Nice purchase.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home