Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Get back into it, ya sook

As you've probably gathered by the lack of posting, the recovery's not been going so well. Still getting pain, but it seems quite localised to the right hip joint now. Colin from CR has referred me to Brizza, a physio who does biomechanical work, to see if we can't get to the root cause. I see him on Monday.

Must admit I have kind of withdrawn from the running community over the last few months - it's been hard knowing we're heading into another road running season and I still don't have much clue as to when I'll be back out there. I've tried the old 3 to 4km run here and there, but still get this issue come up after about 10 minutes or so - nowhere near as bad, but enough to suggest I'm probably worsening things.

The other bonus item is that I've stacked on a heap of weight - about 10kg since September. I was probably going okay until the wedding, but that combined with Christmas really did me in. I've made a resolution that I'm not to have another beer until I get back under 75kg, and to be really careful with my eating.

I've started doing some pilates classes at the gym next to work, which seem to be helping, and using the elliptical trainer to build some basic cardio fitness. I guess where I go with that depends on the discussion with Brizza next week, but I would like to be in reasonable trim when I do actually hit the road again.

Catching up with a heap of the crew at Six Foot Track on Saturday has given me a bit of a taste of things again - truth be told I was very close to putting in a late entry on Friday, as I reckoned I could have bludgeoned a 6:59, but do so would have been madness, probably set me back another six months - and it was good to see everyone. You'll probably see me around CR a bit more, at a few more events and I will endeavour to post a bit more often, if only to whinge and carry on (so, much like before, but without the running details...for a while).

8 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Spud said...

It was great to see you on Saturday Vat, you were missed round here.
All the best with the recovery.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Keep chipping away mate. You're too good a runner to be out for this long. It's your turn for a bit of luck now. Fingers crossed that Brizza can turn things around for you.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

yeah we bin missing you, hope to catch you around sometime. drinks ?

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger plu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger plu said...

It was good to see you and chat briefly on Saturday morning.

Get well. Soon.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

Great to see you on Saturday Vat. Been missing chasing you around the countryside. Hope you work out the osteitis soon mate and you can get back out running again. Cheers mate.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Matty said...

Chin up Vat and hang in there.

PM

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Great to have you back Vat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home