Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Midweek, midday

Home studying today, but took an hour and a half to duck out and go for a ride. Covered just over 36km in pretty much bang on 90 minutes (my old talent of going very close to judging time and distance coming through), riding from Gladesville to Concord, over to Homebush for a lap of Olympic Park, back over the river and across to Huntleys Point, then home. Just getting a feel for time and distances to and from various places for a few training things I'm looking into at the moment.

Beautiful day to be out. Discovered two things today:
- I do love my bike. Really, really pleased with it
- I now know why people on decent bikes run reds. It's not to save time, it because they're clipped in. It's the biggest pain in the arse to pull the feet out of the clips, and then slot them back in again, ugh.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Hey Vat,

Just catching up on your blog. Good to see you blogging again.

Congrats on the awards last Friday. I didn't know that you were Vat (if you know what I mean) until Jen_runs commented.

That bike looks great. Cycling isn't running, but it aint bad hey. I also am building my "Might try an Ironman after I'm 40 plan".

Hope the injury comes good soon.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home