Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dragging out an old favourite

Finished mid-year exams on Monday night, which was a load off my mind. I managed two 25 minute hill sessions on the exer-cycle at the gym on Tuesday and Wednesday, with a little core work thrown in. July will be better.

Got out this afternoon at around 3:30pm, and dragged out an old favourite - basically a loop into town via Victoria Road, the Anzac Bridge, Pyrmont, the city, over the Harbour Bridge and along the Pacific Highway to Epping Road, left at Centennial Avenue and down to Victoria Road and home again. Made a point of using the road, rather than the footpaths - much quicker, indeed, I was well over 60km/h coming down the east side of the Gladesville Bridge (which was pretty hairy in the strong wind!), and down Burns Bay Road.

Managed 25.1km in 58:22 including stoppages at red lights (I was a good boy). Had one near disaster at the Epping Road/Longueville Road intersection, which I'd unclipped the left boot and overbalanced to the right, just managing to get my foot out of the right clip in time, much to the amusement of an elderly lady in a Corolla to my right.

Good to be out in lovely, if somewhat windy conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home