Tuesday, November 01, 2005

6km

Date: Tue, Nov 1(4:15pm)
Conditions: Warm and humid, sunny
Location: Gladesville, Huntleys Point
Session: 6km, probably a bit under 30 minutes
Sleep: Fine, around eight hours.
Feeling: First hitout in over a week, so the legs felt a little odd, but fine. Breathing seems to be okay, still some gunk coming through.

Apologies for the lack of updates - I had a six day weekend lined up (took some leave), and given the bug (which was very similar to the one at the end of August) I decided to take a complete break from the whole running thing (bit paranoid about running when crook now) in addition to some time off work - call it taking a break from my life for a few days. Bug has basically run its course although the voice is still strained - anyone who's seen American Splendor will know what I mean.

So, I finally forced myself out of the door this afternoon and pushed through a half decent 6km. No idea how long it took, I ran without a watch. Felt good to be out again and I thought I had pretty decent form - certainly didn't feel like I was shuffling.

I will indeed be at the Striders 10k on Saturday. No idea what time to expect, it's the last Striders 10k for the year, up and down Lane Cove - might forget the watch and just run on how I feel. We'll see - depends how Thursday night's session goes.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jen said...

No need to apologise Vat; it's your blog :-)

Good on you for taking a break from life for a while. We all need to do it from time to time.

Good luck on Saturday and, most importantly, relax & enjoy it.

J

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you back on the road Vat.

I don't think it is paranoia about running with a bug, body needs its resources for other things. The trick is in knowing when to start again and how much. May you be better at judging that than me ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home