Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tuesday - a reminder that winter's tomorrow

A clear 3 degree morning at Rotary Park, with the Chatswood end of the oval almost crunchy underfoot. A bit pressed for time this morning, so got through an unenthusiastic 3.5k warm up in around 16:24. Pace felt okay, but I wasn't game to move my limbs far from my body.

Mister G turned up and after a bit of a stretch, got through 7 x 800m repeats in:
2 44
2 56
2 53
2 54
2 53
2 55
2 53

The first one really did hurt me through the rest of the session, but still, goal pace was 5km pace, and given that was set on tarmac on a slightly downhill course it was good to get close to the pace (in fact, average under it) for the session. Stride is definitely different now.

Finished off with a chatty 3.34km in 16:25 in the outside lanes as Spud turned up and worked his way through some 800 metre repeats.

It certainly ended up an interesting May - 433km in a month (my biggest by about 40km), I hit every one of my training sessions, had a cold, plus set a 12 sec half marathon PB and a 24 sec 5km PB, and lost about 3-4kg. Yeah, it went pretty well, and hopefully a big 10k PB on Saturday under 38 minutes at Lane Cove will mean the first half of 2005 won't have been a complete loss....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home