Saturday, May 07, 2005

Friday night cruise

We had friends who were in the process of moving to Brisbane stay Wednesday and Thursday nights, and as a result we had a few beers and wines on Thursday night (plus some nice Thai) as a bit of a farewell dinner.

As a result, I didn't run Friday morning (I did, however, sleep in, and I slept like the dead, too, feeling very refreshed on waking), but instead packed the bag to run my required 30 minutes at lunch. Except...

...I neglected to pack any runners. Yeah, yeah, I got a track record on this stuff. Shut up.

Anyway, slipped from work at 5, whipped home and got changed into my running kit, dropped the car at the Gladesville Wharf so EliseS could pick it up when she got off the ferry, and run to the Hunter's Hill Private Hospital via Huntley's Point and back, then home via the pedestrian bridge over Victoria Road for a touch over 6km in 30 minutes. Much as I prefer to head straight home and relax on Friday night, it was actually a really nice night for a run, clear and cool, although I felt a bit junked up after having the legs under a desk all day.

Although my running schedule required me to run 30 minutes I would have most likely run anyway, with the Striders 10k on the Saturday. I always find I'm a bit junked up if I miss the day before a race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home