Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Mid Weekend Update (again - sorry)

Been battling to get over Sunday's half. Did a 25 minute 5km recovery on the treadmill on Monday that went okay, but have been battling since.

Couldn't get out of bed on Tuesday for hill repeats, and I was stuffed after the ride home from work in the evening, so called it a rest day.

I packed on Tuesday night with the full intention of running long on Wednesday morning, but awoke at 5 feeling very groggy with a fairly strong headache. There is a lurgy aound at work at the moment which saw two fellow team members off crook yesterday, and I can't help thinking I have a touch of it. I'll monitor it during the day, but suspect I may be a touch run down and a few days off might be prudent.

6 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi vat-man, it's sailaway here and I thought I'd encourage you to have a rest even though your mind may have second thoughts. one or two days rest may be all you need but may make the difference as to whether you fully recover or not. Glad you notice that "folder" at the SMC canteen. Yes that folder does have the latest points scores for each runner. Although this folder, as I understand, will not be available after the sixth race. This, I'm told, is to keep it a mistery as to who wins the respective age groups.
Catch up with you at the SMC Feb 25K.
Luis

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Eagle said...

Vat - I hope you get on the mend soon. I knew you were not well on Sunday as you should have been in front of me all the way.
Ray

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

Vat,
Hope you get well soon mate. See you at Centennial Park on Aust Day.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Vat, you have had almost a whole week of rest & no word.

Considering one of your recent postings you could be lost out there somewhere, Garmin out of juice, wandering aimlessly...we are all worried.......

Gasher

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger vat_man said...

Gasher - you're gold. Don't ever change.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger vat_man said...

Sailaway - thanks for the comments. Good luck with the remeasuring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home