Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Been a while

Oops, didn't realise it had been so long since I posted. Basically, I suspect at the SMC half I was carring a lurgy that had been going around the office, and I ended up taking the Tuesday and Wednesday off work, and could have taken Thursday as well, but couldn't be bothered getting a certificate.

So, from a running point of view, had the week off, and ran again on Tuesday 25 Jan in the rain (thanks for that) for a 9.45km effort around the Bay Run, from Drummoyne Rowers to Lilyfied Road, two hill reps, and back again. This was my first ever run with orthotics. Went pretty well.

26 Jan - ran the 8km and 4km races at Centennial Park. 31:45 for the 8, 16:19 for the 4, with half an hour between, and nearly missing the start of the 4. Bit disappointed with the 8, but enjoyed the 4 - I had no idea what to expect, so there wasn't any pressure. Actually felt reasonably comfortable at the pace. Good to catch up with the crew.

I had another visit on Monday Jan 24 to Mr Horne at the Care Clinic and got some orthotics. Wear them at work and while running - getting used to them, and they were fine to run in except I got some blisters from today's effort at the front of both arches. Might have been the shoes (Series VIII DS Trainers) with slim socks, but nastly nonetheless.

Nice to be back on the road. Time for tempo and speedwork to sharpen up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home