Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beating the storm home

Got home from work and managed to talk myself into getting into my bike gear and going for a ride. It was a warm afternoon in Brisbane with storms closing in from the south, but it looked like they were going to miss Centenary....

Headed west and followed the river about as closely as you can through the Centenary estate, joining the Centenary bike path at Jindalee. Rode into town, and along the river (well, as much as you can with part of the river walk being out of action at the moment in a stupendous piece of civil engineering) through the Botanical Gardens to the Storey Bridge, over to the Goodwill Bridge and back home.

From Toowong onwards it became apparent I was racing the storm home, and it got uglier, greener and more mottled as we went. It had just started with winds and big rain drops when I got home, and about 30 seconds after I got inside it started to rain heavily. Fortunately we missed the worst of it, but I've no doubt someone's getting smashed somewhere.

Still, 50k in a bit under two hours, so well worth the effort of getting out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home