Monday, December 01, 2008

Run and a walk

Ended up taking Sunday off. It was warm and I couldn't be bothered - we're not playing for sheep stations here. Caught up with a few Coolrunners at Xmas drinks at Tuttle's place - good to meet some old friends, meet some new people and renew some old acquaintances.

Got out at about 3:30pm after work today (Monday) intending to do around an hour ten or so. Settled into 4:50 pace or so, no real spring in the legs but rolling along okay. Climbing hills was problematic. The sun was hot, but it was fine in the shade, air temp wasn't too bad and humidity was down on what we'd seen in recent days.

Ran up the Centenary Bike Path and along the path from Amazons Park that runs alongside the river, to the park in the middle of Sinnamon Park, looping around to return home.

It started to get a bit ordinary as I felt more fatigued and at 11.24k in 55:24 I just kind of wound down to a walk. I walked/jogged the rest of the course home (more walked) to end up covering 14.38km in 1:24:28. Guess Saturday took a bit more out of me than I realised. I also accept we're at the start of the come-back process, so there's no hurry to suddenly get out there and belt out 2 hours at 4:15 pace.

Massage tomorrow, and I'm thinking of commuting on the bike on Wednesday - we'll see what the weather holds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home