Friday, October 19, 2007

Everything in place

Got some good news during the week that meant that everything is in place for the move now.

As part of the move north I've been working on a career change. After doing a fair bit of research, thinking about what interested me and where societal needs are going to lie in the coming years, I decided to start a pre-vocation certificate with OTEN (TAFE by correspondence) in electrotechnology.

So, I applied to join the apprenticeship intake program of a major power supplier in Brisbane in August, flew up and did their aptitude tests, did a phone interview last month plus a medical, and on Tuesday they rang me and told me I'm in. So, we've got somewhere to live, and I've got a job. I start Jan 14, so eight glorious weeks break in Brisbane - woo hoo! Poor Darth is going to get hammered...

The date of the move is November 15. There's a lot to do between now and then - I've got three exams, friends to catch up with, complete the packing (not so bad since most of our stuff went before putting the house on the market) and doubtless a few other things to deal with.

So - it's all go. Well, it will be in four weeks...

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You were the very first cool runner I met! And now you're leaving, but there come times when we all have to take a new direction in life & this is yours.

I hope you both have a wonderful life ahead up north, Vat.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger silverfox said...

There will be a massive hole when you leave mate. I think a lot of runners owe you for not only showing what is possible & how to do it but more importantly how to carry yourself. Sydneys loss is Brissos gain, but I am certain that running will ensure our paths cross again fella and never too soon. Best wishes with your recovery and i hope to hear of you running again soon. To you and Elise may northern exposure bring all that you desire - and enjoy the road less travelled!

cheers

the fox clan

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger undercover brother said...

a belated blog-welcome to brissie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home