Friday, July 14, 2006

Easy half hour

Just cruised over to Bedlam Bay Oval after dropping the car at the ferry stop for an easy half hour (I think it was around 4:54 pace) after work. Quite fresh out there, the cloud drowing out any hint of lingering twilight.

Cracked it with the shoes I was wearing. If anyone wants a pair of 10.5 mens Reebok Road Lights let me know. They'd be lucky to have 50km on them, 45 of which would be on grass. Pain on the inside of both feet and it seemed to anger up the psoas/illie. Gave up after 10 minutes and did the rest of the run barefooted, despite it being cold and wet underfoot. Something about them seems to be completely at odds with my running - I know Luke Skyrunner's been very happy with his, and Vlad from the squad likes his as well, so I guess it's just me. EliseS doesn't like 'em either (EDIT - so I guess it isn't just me), so let me know.

Didn't feel particularly good out there, but I guess it's good to get a 'grinder' out of the way before the short course XC tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Spud said...

Vat,

I'd love to relieve you of your Road Lights if you still have em.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger vat_man said...

Sold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home