Wednesday, October 05, 2005

90 mins

Date: Wed, Oct 5 (5:50am)
Conditions: Cool, dry and clear with a slight breeze. Warmer through session
Location: Lane Cove National Park
Session: 90 mins. Well, actually 91:32 for 20.27km. Ave heart rate 146bpm.
Sleep: 6.5 hours, slept well
Feeling: A little stiff and a bit jammed up in the right hip.

Had the car today and rather than drive to St Leonards and base my 90 minute run around the lower North Shore (I hate doing my mid-week long around this part of town - it's boring AND dangerous) I thought I'd get up early with EliseS and head over to Lane Cove National Park to do my 90 minutes. Did 2 laps of the Strider 10k course plus a little extra to get nearer where I'd parked. Took a while to get moving properly, eventually forcing myself closer to my target pace. Never felt particularly flash but thought I structured the run pretty well, being solid up the hills and pushing down them. Nice morning to be out there, and saw a few other CRs as well, which brightened the run up a bit.

I have access to a car through October, so will endeavour to get down to either LCNP or Centennial Park for these runs. Much more pleasant than the usual route.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home