Saturday, August 06, 2005

A revolting development

Well, now I know why the heart rate's been up a bit in the last two warm ups.

I had a bit of a scratchy throat, and really battled with the cold all day Friday, and as we got home in the evening it got worse and worse. Then the headache started, then the legs were sore - yup, a dose of the flu. Hit the sack at about 8:15pm, and really got no sleep. Body temperature was all over the shop, and I simply could not get comfortable

Missed the Striders 10k (although I did make good on my offer to give Johnny Dark a lift - heck, I was awake anyway...), where it was 2 degrees at 6am! I didn't get out of the car, opting instead to go home and go back to bed.

So - I've got eight days to shake it. It's a proper virus, so I can't train, lest I really mess myself up. I've dropped an e-mail to SW seeking his advice on what I can do to expedite recovery and what I should training-wise. I realise that with a week to go, the hard work's all done, so the priority is getting rid of the flu.

I think I know where I got it, too - on the bus on Wednesday night, I had a guy directly behind me coughing and spluttering the whole way. I thought about moving seats - well, guess I should have...

3 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger 26miles said...

Vat, I didn't make it either. Laid low with a GI virus, haven't eaten for 24 hrs and felt really crook last night - no sleep, high temperature, vomiting etc. Take it easy this week - I will be. Hope you get better soon.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You'll be fine by Sunday week, Vat...I predict & order it!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger miners said...

Certainly hope things will be ok Vat. That was a pearler of a traininig cycle to waste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home