Friday, August 05, 2005

Do the early morning shuffle

After last week's comments about the break between the Friday run (done in the evening) and not feeling great for the CR5k challenge the following morning, it was up at 5:30am this morning to get my half hour easy run in. The wind had blown the humidity away over night, so a long sleeve top was in order to combat the fresh, breezy conditions.

Felt very stiff and beaten up initially, and was very slow through the first kilometre. Once I cross the pedestrian bridge over Victoria Road and head down to the ferry stop I usually start rolling along okay, and whilst I continued to feel stiff throughout the run, this morning was no exception. 6.2km in 30:11, ave HR 134 - interesting the heart rate's been up in the last two warm ups. Recommended action - none.

I was also looking for something to compare last night's rep session to - back in April, ran a 3 x 2k (with 2 min recovery) session at the Bay Run with Fats, KT and djl, where the splits were 7:38, 7:37 and 7:30 - so I was 50 seconds quicker across the 3 x 2k last night (admittedly with a longer recovery), and then ran a 3:25km to finish. Seems like progress.

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Gnscon said...

Seems like progress.

I would be interested to know you HR levels from this time last year. I'm quite impressed that you are doing your intervals averaging around 150. My casual (slow) runs are done at av 155.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger vat_man said...

Sadly, I wasn't using a heart rate monitor then so there's no information on that. Big ticker, mate!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger miners said...

Certainly does sound like progress Vat. Glad to see the monitoring with the 301 is helping you get a good understanding of the body that is Craig.

You look set for a great C2S too mate. All the best for the day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home