Sunday, May 08, 2005

Buffalo Creek - STaR

A convenient STaR for Mother's Day, kicking off from Buffalo Creek Reserve, literally 5 minutes from home. I rolled up just after 6 on a clear, cool morning. SW had set out two hours for me this morning, so I planned on doing the shorter version of this STaR. I was a bit bleary eyed on waking, but there was never a question of not getting up.

We departed at 6:20am and as often seems to be the case with this group now we went out pretty hard, and despite the climb after turning off Pittwater Road we were soon rolling along at 4:45 per km pace. The course wound its way through the back of Ryde, past the hospital and golf course.

I went straight on over Epping Road rather than turning left for Epping, and went through the MTG. I held 4:45 per km pace until partway through Lane Cove National Park, before catching truckie and Aunty Karin, and eased back to a more conversational pace (I'd had a bit of a period by myself since splitting from the main 6:20 group). We hooked into the Great North Walk, which back the pace off significantly, and I arrived at Buffalo Creek Reserve a touch after two hours, covering 24.18km for the morning.

I certainly felt like I was working covering the pace through the sealed section of the run, but at the same time never really had the impression I couldn't manage it. Technique seems to be changing a bit, too, becoming a bit more efficient. 108km for the week, and actually feeling pretty fresh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home