Thursday, October 14, 2004

Heat, blackouts and intervals

Well, thanks to the blackout that hit Hunter's Hill, Gladesville and surrounds last night, I didn't update with yesterday's runs, so here's three runs in one hit.

Wed AM
A quite warm morning saw me head out just on 6am for my midweek long run, now moved to Wednesdays. Ran into St Leonards via the city, with a little loop in The Rocks and via the bridge over the expressway that leads into St Leonards Park. Very slow, ugly run, accentuated by the sharp sun I was pretty well fully exposed to for the second half of the run. 18km covered in an 1:37 or, with some good climbs.

Wed PM
Waited until just before sunset for the 10.8km run home from work, which I knocked over in just over 54 mins. Conditions weren't quite as bad as I expected, although I would never call the run pleasant. A highlight was the havoc on the roads caused by the blackout. Why on earth all these people in their comfortable seats, with their airconditioning on were so angry is totally beyond me. At least the copper on point duty at Penrose St and Burns Bay Road and I had an excuse. A relief to get home, although slightly surreal. Power come back on at about 3:20am, about 40 minutes after I jokingly predicted.

Thur AM
Ah, North Chatswood intervals. Joined Mister G for our increasingly traditional 8 x 400 session. Timed it with the Timex, and got accurate splits of 79.68, 77.84, 78.67, 78.24, 77.66, 78.53, 79.20 and 78.99. Good little session, especially since I was feeling a bit knocked around after yesterday.

Now, a couple of easy days in the lead up to Sunday's internal half marathon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home